[Updated] Facebook again changed its front page (as social networking platforms are wont to do), which means that the dynamics for hacking the front page have changed yet again. Here’s how to have fun with (or for marketing/pr types – how to “leverage/maximize”) the new Timeline Profile:
1. Make sure you have the new Timeline. Your profile should look like this (with the small profile icon and the large, horizontal background):
2. If you don’t – you can get instructions on how to sign up for the new Facebook Timeline here.
3. If you’re graphically-inclined, the world is your oyster. A lot of clever people have come up with interesting ways to utilize the new profile. If, like most of us, you’re not graphically-inclined – there are already a number of tools to create customizable background images.
Mashable has an excellent pre/review of them here “Facebook Timeline Customization: 5 Tools for Killer Cover Photos”. Thus far my favorite one that I’ve used is CoverCanvas; it’s the one I used to create the above image for my background. Read more…
"...and you shall have no pie."As my parents tell it, when I was an infant my first word wasn't a word - it was an entire sentence. Very little has changed.
- The Less Than Definitive Guide to Grading Student Blogs
- The Most Important Aspect of the WikiLeaks Debate
- Why Every Social Media Manager Should be Over 25*
- Update - Burger King's Twitter Account Hacked; Finally Suspended 1 1/2 Hours Later
- The Presidential Race may be Close but Google is Winning Election Reporting